Thursday, October 29, 2009

Overbooked & overworked

No but seriously, what is it with November 3 & 4 ? I have been invited to / have to go to about 15 different activities that are held on these two days. Why on earth would everyone pick THOSE exact dates? Seriously? A Tuesday & a Wednesday???

I'm kind of starting to panic. Leafing through my planner, with the exams coming up... Well let's just say it's not looking good. I should learn to say no. I already have four classes, and out of these, 2 of my teachers are effing INSANE giving us this incredible workload (and I'm used to writing papers and studying for exams... never have I ever had so much work....). I'm barely keeping up.

Plus driving classes. That's like an extra 2 hours a week. Plus 4-hour practices a week for a special academic/sports/social event coming up this winter (which I can't really discuss right now). Plus involvment in financing said event. Plus dance class and cardio workout (2 hours a week). Plus board meetings (3h every 2 weeks). Also, I'm playing godmother to 2 foreign students. And let's not forget the shitload of homework my teachers take pleasure in giving us.


And now? On top of all that? Mentorship. Because OBVIOUSLY I didn't have enough on my plate as it is! I mean, I'm really excited about that program, but it's just BAD timing. Shit.

I'm trying to do everything at once and I'm sort of realizing that you can't be good at everything. There isn't always enough time to do it all. In life, you have to choose.

And I suck at making choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment