Monday, October 5, 2009

Algebra and other dilemmas

I have been so busy with school and social activities that I have neglected this blog... !

I think I understand now, that is to say, a little over 12 hours before my calculus exam, and 72 hours to go before the algebra one, why I dislike maths so much. I mean, I get it, the whole how-to-solve-problems, and with a lot of practice, I can usually teach myself to do it, and learn the whole process.

The problem lies deeper within. I dislike maths because I do not UNDERSTAND them. I can do them, but I don't understand what they mean, and where formulas come from.

That's just how I learn. I'm much better at things I actually understand, than at things I have to memorize (although I'm good at that) or to apply.

The week from hell is coming up, and as with every exams week, drama always follows. It's like I have been cursed. Every single exams week, something MAJOR happens. Or a lot of semi-major things. Never the week before or the weeks after exams... nope, it's always DURING/right before that dreaded week.... I have rotten luck!

Ghosts from the past popping up, my almost roommate bursting into my apartment in TEARS over her relationship, a very good friend stuck between lust (another girl) and love (her boyfriend), a potential job offer... and finding out I have gotten screwed by my university (yet again... seems I'm quite unlucky when it comes to bureaucracy... I mean, they even managed to mess up my Bachelor's degree diploma...

This evening was especially eventful, so much so that I had a panic attack on top of it all. It's going to be a LONG week...

1 comment:

  1. im with you on the "ghosts from the past" thing, i've been experience that too. must be fall?

    ReplyDelete