Saturday, August 15, 2009

New beginnings

I figured it was about time that I made my own blog. I had one with a friend, but I'm not so sure where we stand now, ergo it might be best that I fly solo for a bit.

It's time to reflect on these past few months, and to move forward with new plans and new dreams. Summer is almost coming to a close, but ironically, it is also just starting. The sun finally decided to come out. Sigh... Life is always full of contradictions (especially mine, as you might discover if you stick with me for a bit).

Speaking of, it's been a strange week.

A very special friend died, last Sunday. I still can't wrap my mind around it, and I feel like it's been months already. How time flies by. It's been 2 weeks since Florida. I miss it already (despite the insane heat).

In fact, I miss living abroad so, so much. A year ago, I was getting ready to leave for France. So much has happened since then. Two (well, three, technically) breakups. Falling outs. New friends. Old friends. Memories.

And now, it's as though I'm bored with my life here. Despite the fact that I'm starting my Master's in just two short weeks. Ouch. Still don't know what I want to do with myself.

I'm thirsty for adventure. Bring it on!

Photo by Tim Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment